Saturday, February 16, 2013

....Who am I?
       I am the spoiled rotten wife of one man for the last 13 years. I am a (unschooling)  homeschooling mom to 5 young children. 
I am a Christ - follower.  I am a daughter, a sister and a friend.  I love to make new friends. 
I am a garden/farmer. I am a 'goat lady'.  Someday, I want to own a Percheron horse, and a Water Buffalo.  I am a home-maker.  I love to cook; I do not love to clean.
I consider recipes to be a spring board for invention, but I might follow one if I really really like it.
   I love making real food, from real food, for my family and friends. I enjoy creating lacto fermented foods like yogurt, sourkraut, sour dough and more. Nourishing Traditions is one of my favorite kitchen reads, followed lately by  Ani's Raw Food Kitchen, by Ani Phyo.
   I have a life-long addiction to the outdoors and to animals.  I love raw goat milk, but even more, homemade goat yogurt and cheese. I love garden grazing, but am also a self confessed Chocoholic.
   
  I love Heritage, Heirloom, and Antique.  I love to plant a seed, and watch it grow into a beautiful, food bearing plant.  I find beauty in a bowl full of fresh eggs from our hens, or a mound of fresh corn from our garden.  I love to home can, I love to create.
  I love to read.  Since my latest child is still nursing, (8 months old) I have the opportunity to sit, nurse, and read, guilt free!  Some of my latest reads are:  One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp;
The Omnivores dilemma, by Michael Pollan; various gardening and crafting reads, also I am a chronic reader of the Bible, as well as, when it comes in my mail each month, Acres USA Magazine.
  During the summer, I don't read much.... You will usually find me outside, milking a goat, feeding something, or planting, weeding and harvesting in the garden.
  I love my little house (yes, it is in the 'big woods').  I love little birds... real or not.  I have them perched in various spots all around my home.
  I recently aquired an aucustic guitar, and am enjoying attempting to play it.
I do live in a real house...  there are toys on the floor, laundry on the sofa, kids don't always obey, and voices are occasionally raised. But, for all the real life, I love my kids, I adore my husband, and I live a rural dream that many do not have the chance to....  I am blessed.  I feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment